Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family and I do not eat alot of chicken. But cordon bleu always looks so yummy, so I came up with a pasta like version for us.
- 8 ounces mafalda pasta (or whatever else you like)
- 1 cup cubed chicken, cooked
- 1 cup cubed ham, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) can peas and carrots (optional)
- 6 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 cups milk
- 3 -6 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Cook chicken and ham if needed.
- Cook pasta until almost done.
- In a sauce pan melt butter. Add flour. Add milk and cook until slightly thickened.
- Continue cooking over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
- Combine pasta, chicken, ham, peas/carrots, and sauce in a pan.
- I used a 10x7 in dish.
- Make topping by combining all ingredients.
- Sprinkle on top.
- You may use salt/pepper if you like.
- Cook in preheated oven at 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve immediately!
Delicious!!! And easy to make too! I will make this one again!
My family and I loved this! (I had to double it because I have 3 kids eating table food and a hungry husband.) I always have mafalda pasta on hand, so I did use that. I'm not a fan of canned peas and carrots, so I used frozen petite peas and no carrots.....turned out great! I will make this again. Thanx for sharing!