Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Comfort Food classed up a bit.
Make and share this Cordon Bleu Chicken Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, ham and cheese; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add flour; stir to form a paste.
- Gradually add cream and milk, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute or until thick.
- Add dill, mustard and nutmeg; mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour over chicken mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 9x13" baking dish.
- Toss bread crumbs, butter and dill; stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 30 minutes, or until heated through.
- Serves 8 to 10.