Recipe by PotatoLovingSisters
We love chicken cordon bleu so we figured why not turn it into a delectable casserole. :] PS. You may substitute the butter for margarine.
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cubed
- 3 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-&-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine turkey, ham and cheese; set aside.
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add flour; stir to form a paste.
- Gradually add cream and stir constantly.
- Bring to a boil; boil 1 minute more until thick.
- Add dill, mustard, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Remove from heat and pour over meat mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13inch x 9inch x 2inch baking dish.
- Toss breadcrumbs, butter, and dill; stir in cheese.
- Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350* for 30 minutes or until heated through.