Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Adapted from The Food of Spain and Portugal. Chicken, pork or rabbit can also be cooked this way.
Make and share this Cordero Con Chilindron (Lamb With Tomatoes and Peppers) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs boneless lamb, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- Pat lamb dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Saute lamb until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and peppers to pot and saute over moderate heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook until mixture is well-blended, about 5 minutes. Return lamb to pot, along with any accumulated juices.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until lamb is tender, about 1 1/2 hours.