1/1 Photo of Coral Chicken or Walnut Chicken
Roosie found this one for me, and I wanted to share it with everyone. It's so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water chestnut starch (or use cornstarch)
- 1 cup raw walnuts (not cooked or salted, available at Asian markets)
- 1/3 cup honey
- corn oil (for frying)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk (do not substitute)
- 1Put chicken strips in medium bowl, then add beaten egg whites and salt. Mix to coat chicken, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- 2After 10 minutes, toss chicken pieces in water chestnut starch. Dust off excess starch. Set aside.
- 3Rinse walnuts in water, then toss in honey and mix well.
- 4Using wok or deep skillet, add enough oil so that you will be able to deep-fry first the nuts and then the chicken. Heat oil to 350 degrees.
- 5Add walnuts to oil and fry until they turn golden brown, stirring regularly. This will take just 1 to 2 minutes.
- 6Remove walnuts from oil and drain on paper towels.
- 7To hot oil add chicken. Cook, turning occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 8In medium saucepan, combine mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk and 2% milk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. Sauce is done when it starts to bubble.
- 9Put chicken in large bowl. Pour hot sauce over chicken pieces and mix well.
- 10To serve: Divide chicken pieces among 4 serving plates. Top each serving with walnuts. Garnish with vegetables if desired. Makes 4 servings.
Browse Our Top Micro/Melanesia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coral Chicken or Walnut Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.6
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 845.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 39.7 g
- Protein 33.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
water chestnut starch