1/5 Photos of Coquito - Traditional Recipe (Made With Egg Yolks)
1 hr 30 mins
A delicious rum-infused Latino beverage enjoyed any time of year, but in particular, around the Holidays... Similar in type to egg nog, but way more delicious! This recipe comes from my husband's friend's wife, Linda. The recipe is for larger servings (party-size) so you will have to adjust for portions desired. Also, some tolerance is required as you must stir constantly over low flame as to not cook the egg yolks -- also, allow time for prep. & cooling when factoring your time, other than that, the recipe is pretty easy... those are just a few cook's notes FYI.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix at room temperature egg yolks, sugar, milk, vanilla extract in big pot and simmer over low flame to melt sugar, mixing continuously.
- 2Add Coco Lopez and continue to mix for about 15 minutes on low flame.
- 3Add Rum and cinnamon sticks with water.
- 4Mix everything on low flame for about 20 minutes.
- 5Let cool and serve.
- 6** Use whisk for a smoother consistency ** if desired.
Browse Our Top Punch Beverage Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coquito - Traditional Recipe (Made With Egg Yolks)
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.5
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 24.6 mg
- Sodium 112.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: