Recipe by BlondieItaliana
A delicious rum-infused Latino beverage enjoyed any time of year, but in particular, around the Holidays... Similar in type to egg nog, but way more delicious! This recipe comes from my husband's friend's wife, Linda. The recipe is for larger servings (party-size) so you will have to adjust for portions desired. Also, some tolerance is required as you must stir constantly over low flame as to not cook the egg yolks -- also, allow time for prep. & cooling when factoring your time, other than that, the recipe is pretty easy... those are just a few cook's notes FYI.
- 1 dozen egg yolk
- 4 cups sugar
- 4 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 (12 ounce) cans Coco Lopez (Cream of Coconut)
- 8 cinnamon sticks (Boiled in 1 1/2 cup of water, keep them in the water for recipe)
- 1 quart white rum (Baccardi preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix at room temperature egg yolks, sugar, milk, vanilla extract in big pot and simmer over low flame to melt sugar, mixing continuously.
- Add Coco Lopez and continue to mix for about 15 minutes on low flame.
- Add Rum and cinnamon sticks with water.
- Mix everything on low flame for about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve.
- ** Use whisk for a smoother consistency ** if desired.