Recipe by SusieQusie
Who says eggnog is only served at Christmas? This creamy, smooth concoction is good all year long and is as complicated as grabbing a can opener and turning on your blender.
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, such as Eagle Brand
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Malibu rum, to taste, be generous
Directions See How It's Made
- You’ll find that upon opening the can of cream of coconut, there is a waxy “head” that rises to the top of the can. Gently break through it with your spatula.
- Add cream of coconut to the blender and process it for a few minutes until it is smooth, then add the condensed milk, which is thick and creamy. This helps to bind the cream of coconut so that it doesn’t separate in your coquito later on.
- Pour in the egg substitute, the evaporated milk and the vanilla. Blend till combined.
- Stir in the rum to taste, and finish off with a dusting of cinnamon and or nutmeg. Chill.
- Optionally, add rum just before serving.