Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A SC friend sent me this so I am passing it along to the 'zaar. She got recipe from Puerto Rican colleague of her husband, who got it from his mother. You can adapt seasonings to your personal taste. This is traditionally served during the holidays. As an aside I hate egg nog but since this contains no eggs, I would be willing to try.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cream of coconut
- 2 (14 ounce) cans condensed milk
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1 liter white rum
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon clove, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Have all ingredients cold. I would store them overnight in your refrigerator.
- On day of party blend all ingredients together, then store in refrigerator for at least an hour so flavars can mid.
This is almost exactly like my mom-in-law makes. It is excellent. Now I have a recipe, instead of ...some of this and ...some of that. Thanks
A total hit! We had an "around the world" lunch in my son's first grade class. I used ice cubes instead of rum and everyone loved it!