Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
My sister-in-law makes this often. So she shared it with me.
- 6 large scallops
- 15 medium shrimp
- 3 ounces mushrooms
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 1⁄2 ounces flour
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 drop olive oil
- 1 drop lemon
- 1 big shallot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 6 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- Add in pot: water, wine, shallot, bay leaf, a drop of oil, lemon and salt.
- Add scallops sliced --they should be covered by the liquid. Simmer covered with a lid and let cook 5 minutes.
- Remove scallops from cooking liquid and strain, keep the juice.
- In frying pan, cook sliced mushrooms in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Prepare 4 dishes.
- Divide scallops in each.
- Divide shrimp in each.
- Divide mushroom and put on top.
- In medium saucepan, prepare white sauce: Melt butter over medium flame and pour flour in; stir. Reduce heat and add a bit at a time the cooking juice; stir and mix. Do this until the sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper; add the cream.
- Pour over the seafood equally.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and dot with butter.
- Put under grill for about 10 minutes.
wow Nora, really good. I added some crab as well, just because it was there, and this was a yummy treat. Made for Cookathon for Nora's DH. Thanks! BB
Awesome delicious!! I also added some crab to the scallops and shrimp and grated some emmenthaler cheese on top the bread crumbs.
This is a tasty recipe and not too complicated. Next time I'll use more shrimp. This was the best part for me. I made the sauce in the microwave. More easier for me. I did not do the step with breadcrumbs and butter. But instead I used mozzarella cheese. And it was 10 minutes under the grill until the cheese was melted and golden. Thanks Nora Marie for posting. Made for Beverage tag.