My sister-in-law makes this often. So she shared it with me.
Make and share this Coquille St. Jacques - France recipe from Food.com.
- Add in pot: water, wine, shallot, bay leaf, a drop of oil, lemon and salt.
- Add scallops sliced --they should be covered by the liquid. Simmer covered with a lid and let cook 5 minutes.
- Remove scallops from cooking liquid and strain, keep the juice.
- In frying pan, cook sliced mushrooms in the 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Prepare 4 dishes.
- Divide scallops in each.
- Divide shrimp in each.
- Divide mushroom and put on top.
- In medium saucepan, prepare white sauce: Melt butter over medium flame and pour flour in; stir. Reduce heat and add a bit at a time the cooking juice; stir and mix. Do this until the sauce is thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper; add the cream.
- Pour over the seafood equally.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and dot with butter.
- Put under grill for about 10 minutes.