Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 hrs
From Better Homes & Garden Website.
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 0.5 (2 1/4 ounce) envelopebeefy onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 2 cups fresh button mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- mashed potatoes (optional)
- fresh basil (optional) or parsley (optional)
- Lightly coat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Cook chicken thighs, several at a time, in the hot skillet until brown; drain off fat. Place chicken thighs in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle chicken thighs with dry soup mix. Add onions and mushrooms. Pour wine over all.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2-1/2 to 3 hours. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken from slow cooker. Use a fork to remove chicken from the bone, shredding it into bite-size pieces. Discard bones. Return chicken to mixture in cooker. If desired, serve with hot mashed potatoes and sprinkle with basil. Makes 4 servings.
very easy and very tasty
especially good over mashed potatoes
This is pretty good, I enjoyed it I did feel that the onion soup mix overpowered it a little but in the end made a really delicious gravy. I made this for Fall PAC 2008.