1 hr 5 mins
Chef PotPie's Note:
Coq au Vin with pasta and cream sauce! From Better Homes and gardens, 1985.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (cut up)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half (or milk)
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 cup shredded muenster cheese
- slivered almonds (toasted)
- 1Rinse chicken, pat dry. Cut into 1" pieces. Melt butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook for 4-5 minutes, or until tender, stirring.
- 2Add chicken, wine, tarragon, white pepper, and 1/8 tsp salt. Bring just to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, cook lasagna noodles according to package direction. Halve each noodle lengthwise. Curl each noodle into a 2.5" diameter ring and place, cut side down, in a 3-qt rectangular baking dish. Using as slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture into center of lasagna rings, reserving the liquid in the skillet. Add the cream cheese to the reserved liquid; heat and stir just til cream cheese is melted. in a small bowl, stir together sour cream and flour; stir in half and half. Add to the mixture in skillet, along with the cheeses. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Spoon cream cheese mixture over rings. If desired, sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- 4Bake, covered, at 325°F for 35 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coq Au Vin Rosettes
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 532.8
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 147.5 mg
- Sodium 332.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 41.7 g