Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs, breasts)
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small onions, cut into halves
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon or 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red Burgundy wine
- snipped parsley
- In Dutch oven or 3 quart saucepan, fry bacon until crisp; remove and drain.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in plastic or paper bag.
- Shake chicken, 2 or 3 pieces at a time, in bag until coated.
- Brown chicken in bacon fat; remove to warm platter.
- Cook and stir mushrooms and onion in Dutch oven until onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Place chicken in Dutch oven; crumble bacon on chicken and add remaining ingredients except parsley.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer until thickest chicken pieces are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.