Recipe by Barb G.
Enjoy this recipe served on egg noodles with a green salad and a glass of Zinfandel wine. This recipe comes courtesy of Deaver Winery and seen on TV.
- 8 slices bacon, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups zinfandel
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 20 white pearl onions (frozen is fine)
- 1 lb mushroom, cut into quarters
- 1 bay leaf
- cooked egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Dutch oven crisp bacon over high heat, remove bacon with slotted spoon and place on paper towel to drain.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper; brown chicken in hot bacon fat over medium heat until chicken is golden brown; transfer chicken to platter and set aside.
- Add garlic and pearl onions cook until softened, about 4 minutes; Add mushrooms and cook about 5 minutes more.
- Blend flour, tomato paste and butter into a smooth paste; Stir into onion mushroom mixture and stir constantly for at least 1 minute.
- Slowly add the zinfandel wine and beef broth stirring constantly, add thyme, bay leaf, reserved cooked bacon and browned chicken. Bring liquid to a simmer, cover and cook for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the liquid from the chicken runs clear and sauce is thickened.
- Remove bay leaf: serve over cooked noodles and garnish with parsley, enjoy.