Recipe by Mims & Squims
Don't let the fancy name & long list of ingredients intimidate you. This is basically a "throw it all together & bake" recipe but it has a gourmet flair that's sure to impress even the most difficult dinner guest!
Top Review by lynmoz
Brilliant company dish! I used a 2006 cabernet & homemade chicken broth. Subbed one whole regular onion instead of green/pearl onions & regular bacon because it's what I had on hand. I omitted mushrooms, bay leaf, & parsley. Absolutely fantastic flavor. I doubled the recipe so I cooked for an extra 10 minutes. The recipe does not have rice listed in the ingredients so I made with steamed cauliflower. Thanks for a hit meal!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 59.14 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml coarse sea salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 3 slice turkey bacon
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml white pearl onion
- 59.14 ml coarsely chopped shallot
- 113.39 g mushroom, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml Burgundy wine or 118.29 ml cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 garlic clove
- 1.23 ml thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 29.58 ml parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions & set aside.
- Mix flour, sea salt and pepper in shallow pie dish or plate. Dredge chicken & fully coat.
- Fry bacon until crisp and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat 1 T olive oil and brown chicken in it. Transfer to baking dish.
- Saute onions & mushrooms until tender. Turn off heat.
- Tear bacon into small pieces & place in skillet. Add all other ingredients (except fleur de sel & 1 T parsley) and stir to loosely mix. Pour over chicken in baking dish.
- Cover with foil & bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove bay leaf, sprinkle with remaining parsley & fleur de sel, & serve over brown rice.