Mims & Squims's Note:
Don't let the fancy name & long list of ingredients intimidate you. This is basically a "throw it all together & bake" recipe but it has a gourmet flair that's sure to impress even the most difficult dinner guest!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup white pearl onion
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped shallot
- 1/4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Burgundy wine or 1/2 cup cabernet sauvignon wine
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1Cook rice according to package directions & set aside.
- 2Mix flour, sea salt and pepper in shallow pie dish or plate. Dredge chicken & fully coat.
- 3Fry bacon until crisp and set aside.
- 4In same skillet, heat 1 T olive oil and brown chicken in it. Transfer to baking dish.
- 5Saute onions & mushrooms until tender. Turn off heat.
- 6Tear bacon into small pieces & place in skillet. Add all other ingredients (except fleur de sel & 1 T parsley) and stir to loosely mix. Pour over chicken in baking dish.
- 7Cover with foil & bake at 350F for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- 8Remove bay leaf, sprinkle with remaining parsley & fleur de sel, & serve over brown rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coq Au Vin De Bourgogne (Burgundy Braised Chicken)
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.3 mg
- Sodium 1736.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 36.9 g