Recipe by txgammi
I've always heard of this recipe and it sounds delicious but making it this weekend will be the first time I've tried it. My crock pot bit the dust the other day and the new one I purchased had a recipe book tucked inside the pot. (what a nice surprise!) This happens to be one of the recipes.
Top Review by Lighthouse Rita
Great flavor! I followed the recipe as written. The chicken was not as tender as I would have liked but very tasty. Next time I will sauté the mushrooms before putting them in, I think this will help them to be a little more tender. Thanks for sharing.
- 5 slice bacon (diced)
- 158.51 ml green onion (sliced)
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 113.39 g whole mushroom
- 8 new potatoes
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml Burgundy wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet saute the diced bacon and green onions until the bacon is crisp.
- Remove and drain well.
- Add chicken breasts to the skillet and brown them well on both sides.
- Remove chicken and set it aside.
- Put the onion, mushrooms, new-potatoes and garlic in crock pot.
- Add browned chicken breasts, bacon and green onions, salt, pepper, thyme and chicken broth.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 hours.
- Add Burgundy Wine during last hour of cooking.