Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is the best chicken I ever tasted. My DH almost licked the crock pot when it was finished.
Make and share this Coq Au Vin Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 8 unskinned chicken pieces (more)
- 4 slices unsmoked bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves (remove after cooking)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 shallots
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (according to your desired thickened sauce)
- 1 tablespoon salt (or according to your test)
- 2 cups merlot
- Fry chopped bacon, onions and celery 1 tbs oil. Put in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Fry cleaned chicken till browned on both sides and add to crock pot. Add all other ingredients, bay leaves on top except cornstarch and wine.
- Add wine at the last hour of cooking.
- Add cornstarch at the last 10 min of cooking.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.
- Serve with boiled potatoes.
Surprised this hasn't been reviewed. I've made it several times. It's very good.