6 hrs 15 mins
This is the best chicken I ever tasted. My DH almost licked the crock pot when it was finished.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 unskinned chicken pieces (more)
- 4 slices unsmoked bacon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves (remove after cooking)
- 1 tablespoon tarragon
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 shallots
- 2 stalks celery
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch (according to your desired thickened sauce)
- 1 tablespoon salt (or according to your test)
- 2 cups merlot
- 1Fry chopped bacon, onions and celery 1 tbs oil. Put in the bottom of the crock pot.
- 2Fry cleaned chicken till browned on both sides and add to crock pot. Add all other ingredients, bay leaves on top except cornstarch and wine.
- 3Add wine at the last hour of cooking.
- 4Add cornstarch at the last 10 min of cooking.
- 5Remove bay leaves and serve.
- 6Serve with boiled potatoes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coq Au Vin Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.2
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 991.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbes de provence