Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
My girlfriend who doesn't cook much gave me this delicious and simple recipe. Enjoy
Make and share this Coq au vin blanc recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bay leaf
- Place flour, salt, paprika and pepper into a paper bag, shake chicken in bag until well coated.
- Reserve remaining flour.
- Melt butter in a skillet with a lid.
- Brown chicken on each side over medium heat.
- Remove and set aside.
- Reduce heat Add reserved flour mixture to the skillet and stir into the butter.
- Dissolve cubes in water.
- Gradually add to flour mixture in skillet, stirring until smooth.
- Stir white wine, thyme, garlic salt and bay leaf into the skillet, bring to a boil and then reduce heat.
- Return chicken to skillet and simmer covered for about 25 minutes or until tender.
This was great. I used a whole, cut up chicken and added mushrooms. I used fresh thyme which added a wonderful flavour. I will make this again.. Thanks for posting.
This was delicious. Fairly simple to prepare. Next time I make this, I will add more liquid to the flour mixture, as I believe a thinner sauce would be desirable.
This was absolutely delicious!! Sooo easy to make! I pounded the chicken breasts first and added 1tsp. paprika to the flour mix and I used apple juice instead of the wine. We had this with creamy mashed potatoes, sprouts, peas and carrots. The sauce was superb and the chicken was very tender. Thanks so much for posting this, Kitina.