1/2 Photos of Coq Au Vin Blanc
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
BLUE ROSE's Note:
I found this while exploring. This sounds really interesting!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 1/2 lbs chicken, cut in quarters
- 1 medium white onion, trimmed
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 1/2- inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen sugar snap peas
- 1In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add chicken pieces skin side down and brown well. Using tongs, turn chicken pieces to brown on all sides. Transfer chicken pieces to a large baking dish. Set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F
- 3To drippings that remain in skillet, add onions,.carrots and garlic. Saute over medium-high heat until onions and carrots are lightly browned.
- 4Add brandy to skillet. Holding skillet with a pot holder, carefully but quickly ignite the brandy. Shake skillet gently until the flames subside. Add wine, parsley, bay leaf, salt, pepper, thyme and ground cloves.
- 5Increase heat to high and bring the carrot mixture to boiling, stirring frequently. Remove skillet from heat. Using a large spoon, transfer the carrot mixture to the chicken in the baking dish. Cover baking dish with lid or aluminum foil. Place on center rack of oven and bake 30 minutes. Uncover dish and distribute sugar snap peas evenly over the chicken and carrot mixture.
- 6Cover baking dish and bake 30 minutes longer or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork and vegetables are tender. Remove bay leaf. Transfer to a decorative serving platter.
- 7RED WINE VARIATION: To make a more classic version of this chicken dish,.
- 8substitute a hearty red wine, such as Burgundy, Beaujolais or Chianti,.
- 9for the white wine. Add 1/21b tiny white mushrooms to the skillet when.
- 10the carrots are added and stir 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste into the.
- 11carrot mixture just before the chicken goes into the oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coq Au Vin Blanc
Serving Size: 1 (662 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1100.1
- Calories from Fat 593
- Total Fat 65.9 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 312.9 mg
- Sodium 952.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 77.9 g