Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe now, just know it is a fave in our house.
Make and share this Coq Au Vin recipe from Food.com.
- Melt margarine in frying pan.
- Dip chicken in flour.
- Brown both sides of chicken in margarine.
- Transfer chicken to ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Add onion to pan; saute till browned.
- Add next 7 ingredients to onion; stir; cover.
- Cook slowly for 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Stir in wine.
- Pour over chicken; cover.
- Bake in 350F over for 1 to 1 1/2 hours until tender.
- (Prep time include stove top cooking).