1/1 Photo of Coq Au Vin
Village Cafe's Note:
Marinating the chicken over night deepens the flavor, but if time is an issue don't worry about it. There is so much flavor in this dish your guests will love it anyways.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 750 ml red wine (reisling or merlot)
- 3 medium onions, cut in wedges
- 4 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups baby portabella mushrooms
- 4 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes, partially drained
- salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons tarragon
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon lemon balm
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1In a glass bowl combine chicken, wine, onions, carrots, peppercorns, garlic, 1 tsp salt.
- 2cover and refrigerate 1 day, or for at least 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4Drain chicken and vegetables, reserving all juices.
- 5Heat sauce pan with olive oil and butter.
- 6Dredge chicken in flour, then cook in pan until all sides are golden brown but not fully cooked.
- 7Place golden chicken in roasting pan along with reserved vegetables.
- 8Deglaze pan with reserved juices from marinade.
- 9Add degalze and remaining juices to roasting pan along with chicken stock, diced tomatoes and herbs.
- 10Bake in oven for 3 to 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coq Au Vin
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 623.2
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 354.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole black peppercorns