This version of the standard Coq au Vin uses white wine instead of the red. It's made on the stove top and smells wonderful while it's cooking. From Favorite Brand Name Recipes Casseroles and More.
- In a 4-quart heavy saucepan, cook bacon until just starting to brown.
- Sprinkle chicken with thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to pan; brown over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Cook 2 minutes; drain.
- Add potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes and wine.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium-high heat about 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.