Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my grandmother's recipe and it always reminds me of her when I make it.
- 1 (2 -3 lb) roasting chickens, cut up
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped finely
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry red wine
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- Melt butter in large saute pan or stock pot. Add the bacon, onion, carrot and garlic; brown lightly. Push vegetables aside and brown the chicken.
- Stir in the flour and herbs, then add the wine. Simmer on low heat for 1 hour, covered.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking add the mushrooms. Skim off the excess fat and serve.
This was such an amazing recipe and was so easy too! Everyone in the house ate it including one really picky eater. It smelled so yummy and looked beautiful. I served it over Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and it worked together so well, this is now a staple at my house. Thank you for posting such a great recipe!