Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From The MDC Kitchen To Yours
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken legs with thigh
- 4 carrots, cut finger size
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple juice, with
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (wine substitute)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 small onions, quartered
- 8 ounces canned mushrooms
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 large parsley sprigs
- cheesecloth (or tea ball)
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper; coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Fry bacon until crisp, drain fat.
- In large saucepan or skillet cook onions until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Now add the chicken and bacon.
- Cover; simmer about 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Remove Bouquet Garni before serving, sprinkle with snipped parsley.
- You may combine ingredients and place in a 2-quart casserole and hold in 350°F oven for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme leaves, 1 bay leaf and 2 large sprigs parsley in cheese cloth bag or place them in tea ball.