Recipe by wizkid
This is a recipie I saw on UK T.V. Food's 'Heaven's Kitchen'. This is by Mike Robinson, it looked absolutely delicious.
- 1 whole organic free-range chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 750 ml french wine
- 8 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 8 slices streaky smoked bacon
- 2 ounces pancetta
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 ounce plain flour
- 8 shallots, quartered
- 1 onion, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- segment the chicken, leaving the skin on and leaving the chunks fairly large.
- coat in seasoned flour.
- Heat up the olive oil in a large non-stick pan.
- Add the bacon, pancetta and finely chopped thyme and fry for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken andfry until golden brown.
- Add the onion,shallots and garlic, fry for a further minute or two.
- Add the wine and simmer for approximately one hour.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables, leaving just the sauce.
- Mix the unsalted butter and the 1 oz plain flour into a beurre mernier.
- Add this to the sauce.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with new potatoes and a glass of red wine.