Recipe by Carrie Ann
I found this recipe by Caroline Kheiri at another site. This creamy chicken dish is delicious served with a Ceasar salad and French bread.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute lightly until slightly clear, then reduce heat to medium low (careful not to burn).
- Meanwhile, melt butter or margarine in another large skillet over medium high heat.
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry;season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brown on both sides.
- Drain and add browned chicken breasts to onion/garlic mixture, then rosemary, mushrooms and chicken broth.
- Stir to mix together, making sure chicken breasts are evenly spaced in the skillet.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover skillet tightly and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add sour cream and stir well, beaking up any clumps with a spoon.
- Cover skillet again and allow to heat through for 10 minutes.
- Strain about 3/4 cup of the liquid from skillet into a small bowl;add flour and mix well with a fork to break up any clumps.
- Pour mixture into chicken mixture, stir well and cook over medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes more to thicken the sauce.
- Serve hot.