1 hr 30 mins
I haven't tried this, but it sounds wonderful! Flan and cheesecake combined into one show stopping dessert!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Caramel: In a heavy meatal saucepot combine the sugar, water and lemon juice.
- 2Over high heat cook the sugar to a deep caramel color and pour out into a round 9-inch cake pan, turning around the perimeter so as to cover the sides and bottom of the pan.
- 3set aside to cool completely while you make the cake.
- 4Cheesecake Base: Preheat the oven to 325.
- 5In mixer fitted with a paddle attachent, on low speed work the cream cheese until smooth.
- 6Add the sugar, vanilla, and orange zest.
- 7Continue to mix for 2 minutes until smooth.
- 8Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and scrape down after each addition.
- 9On low speed slowly stream in the heavy cream.
- 10Scrape down every 30 seconds.
- 11Remove from bowl and pour out into prepapred cool caramel pan.
- 12Bake in a hot water bath for 1 hour.
- 13When finished the cake will be slightly firm to the touch.
- 14Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator.
- 15Make sure to cool down for at least 4 hours before flipping over.
- 16The cake can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- 17Flip over by placing a 12-inch flat plate over the top of the cake pan.
- 18Hold with a firm grip and flip cake upside down.
- 19Let the pan sit on top for a second.
- 20Lift pan off the cake and serve on its own or with fresh berries.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for CopyCat Wolfgang Puck's Caramel Flan Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 721.8
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.7 g
- Cholesterol 292.9 mg
- Sodium 315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 69.2 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: