Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't tried this, but it sounds wonderful! Flan and cheesecake combined into one show stopping dessert!
- Caramel: In a heavy meatal saucepot combine the sugar, water and lemon juice.
- Over high heat cook the sugar to a deep caramel color and pour out into a round 9-inch cake pan, turning around the perimeter so as to cover the sides and bottom of the pan.
- set aside to cool completely while you make the cake.
- Cheesecake Base: Preheat the oven to 325.
- In mixer fitted with a paddle attachent, on low speed work the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar, vanilla, and orange zest.
- Continue to mix for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, and scrape down after each addition.
- On low speed slowly stream in the heavy cream.
- Scrape down every 30 seconds.
- Remove from bowl and pour out into prepapred cool caramel pan.
- Bake in a hot water bath for 1 hour.
- When finished the cake will be slightly firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and place in the refrigerator.
- Make sure to cool down for at least 4 hours before flipping over.
- The cake can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- Flip over by placing a 12-inch flat plate over the top of the cake pan.
- Hold with a firm grip and flip cake upside down.
- Let the pan sit on top for a second.
- Lift pan off the cake and serve on its own or with fresh berries.
I always made pumpkin flan,but this is over the top .It is so delicious.I used it without the berries,The carmel taste is great. Rose