Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is as close the real McCoy as you can get. This is a keeper!! I came up with this after much trial and error. Very easy to make and highly addictive! I recommend using good quality fresh prepared horseradish, usually found in the refrigerator section. Instead of Cheese Whiz as listed, I actually used Walmart store brand jarred cheese with EXCELLENT RESULTS!(cheaper too). If you are not a big garlic fan, do not deviate from the amount listed. My first try I used more and it was a bit overpowering, good thing I happen to like garlic. Cook time is chill time.
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Cheese Whiz (or a good store brand)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh prepared horseradish (more or less to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl in order listed. Chill for several hours or overnight for best flavor. Serve with crackers or pretzels. Store in the refrigerator.
Gotta love Win Schulers! I just made this and it tastes great. Other recipes I found did not contain garlic, I knew they would not taste right! I did not have Cheese Wiz, so I used a pound of velveeta and melted it in the microwave on low and added the rest of the ingredients. This is good enough that I would not waste a trip to the store to buy Win Schulers if I have the ingredients to make this!!
I grew up in michigan and when i moved to florida I had a hard time finding it in stores. I justwhipped it up it was awesome and tasted like the original thanks a bunch
I just prepared this recipe now. It's very good, and after it chills I know it will be even more delicious. Thanks for posting it.