Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a copy-cat version of the dressing used in Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad that I found on the site, About:Huntsville, AL. I use Romaine lettuce, mandarin oranges, peanuts and chow mein noodles. Toss with the dressing and you have a great salad. If you would like to make it a main course add cooked chicken strips. If I recall correctly Wendy's uses sliced almonds, but I prefer the peanuts.
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 4 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash garlic powder
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Place all ingredients except vegetable oil and sesame seeds in a blender.
- Blend on high speed and slowly add oil to emulsify.
- Add sesame seeds and blend for a couple of seconds.
This is a very good recipe but lacks a little in the flavor department as far as being like Wendy's. Add a quarter cup of smooth peanut butter and it will give it the flaver that it is missing.
This dressing was splendid and I thought it tasted quite similar to Wendy's dressing! Thanks for the recipe.