Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
You will not believe how DECEDANT this dessert is for 135 CALORIES! Of my own creation, Sure beats paying AT LEAST $1.50 for a 2 pack at the store! (and just as easy! Not to mention LESS CALORIES!) Please Enjoy! I always use a very small bowl to make it in (one my toddler's plastic bowls), but you could always use a small tupperware, a left over bowl from a store bought "warm delight mini", or maybe a coffee cup (haven't used one of those). Please review and let me know what you think! YUM!
- 8 g betty crocker whipped cream cheese frosting (1/2 TBL)
- 7 g nestle toll house milk chocolate chips (1/2 TBL)
- 22 g pillsbury reduced sugar devil's food cake (approx 3 unpacked TBL)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- If you have a digital scale, use it, if not then just use your measuring spoons.
- Put cake mix in a small bowl (I usually don't use any nonstick spray, but you can try it if you want).
- Mix water into cake mix.
- Microwave on high for 40 seconds.
- Top with chocolate chips (they will melt).
- Top with small dollups of frosting.
- Devour it! (yes It's only 135 calories and 6 grams of fat!).
The low cal effect is descent enough but I do agree with the other reviewer if more for your calorie buck... lol with that said I doubled each serving and added caramels and left over cream cheese frosting. It is a very good desert and takes no time to bake, first time I have ever baked in my mircowave lol A fast crowd pleaser when you don't want to wait or do a whole lot of work... Thanks for posting SoulCandy.. am going to keep this in my to go to recipes for when my teenager is craving chocolate and grazing lol
Definitely tastes good. Only negative point: the serving is way too little. 3tbs does nothing to curb my craving. After having consumed the measly portion of it, worth 150 cals, I couldn't help but wish I had eaten something else in those 150 calories which would have been more filling than this. All this did was increase my craving.
I had a terrible chocolate craving today and then remembered that I tagged this recipe in I Recommend Tag Game. Boy am I glad I made that tag because this dish totally fixed my craving. It is wonderful and I'm really quite surprised it turned out so well in a microwave. I did skip on the frosting and just dusted with confectioner's sugar instead. Delicious and something I'll be using often to fix that chocolate craving! :)