Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found on the Web in response to a request.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 cup pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon Postum instant drink powder
- 1 teaspoon dark molasses
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, combine all ingredients.
- Whisk together well.
- When heated, it's ready to serve-- makes enough sauce to cover 18 to 20 tacos.
- Unused sauce freezes well.
Hi Lennie: Tried Copycat Taco Bell Taco Sauce in a Taco casserole we had for supper this evening, and, oh my, it's great! Has such a good flavor and it's very easy to mix up, heat up, and serve. Thanks so much for sharing. Laudee C.
We just ran out of Taco Sauce and I didn't feel like going to the store. My husband made it and it taste pretty good. Thanks
Excellent!Thanks for posting :)