Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love to order this when going to taco bell. I requested this the other day and was told they dont offer it anymore. I was feeling in the mood for a saucy savory mexican type meal and came up with my version of it and tasted just like the real thing. It's basically a layer of beans,spanish rice,chicken,enchilada sauce,cheese,sour cream and green onions ..and oh so good!
- Lightly season and cube chicken and cook in a medium pan with a little bit of water,olive oil, and taco seasoning.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp of enchilada sauce to cooked rice and mix well.
- Layer in a salad bowl (or similiar) in this order.
- Refried beans on bottom layer,next a layer of rice,chicken, enchilada sauce, green onions, cheese.
- Then microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with sour cream.
- This recipe can be tripled and made in a 8x8 pan to make more servings.
- Hot peppers and tomatoes and lettuce can be added within the layers.
We enjoyed this very much. All of the items are things that we always in the house so that was good. Very flexible as you can add or omit items that appeal to you. I used a spicy brown rice.
This was awesome! I never had Taco Bell's version so I can't compare, but this was yummier than I expected it to be. I made it with leftover rotisserie chicken.
My husband is a big fan of Taco Salad and this was kinda like having taco salad but different. I used some leftover rice from my Arroz Imperial recipe, it's basically rice cooked in chicken broth, tomato sauce and some seasonings. It was just wonderful! Now I have a way to use the leftover rice from that other meal.