Recipe by chef FIFI
I love to order this when going to taco bell. I requested this the other day and was told they dont offer it anymore. I was feeling in the mood for a saucy savory mexican type meal and came up with my version of it and tasted just like the real thing. It's basically a layer of beans,spanish rice,chicken,enchilada sauce,cheese,sour cream and green onions ..and oh so good!
Top Review by Andrea in NH
We enjoyed this very much. All of the items are things that we always in the house so that was good. Very flexible as you can add or omit items that appeal to you. I used a spicy brown rice.
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast
- 5 tablespoons refried beans
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 -4 tablespoons enchilada sauce (I prefer pace brand)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 tablespoons enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly season and cube chicken and cook in a medium pan with a little bit of water,olive oil, and taco seasoning.
- Add 3-4 Tbsp of enchilada sauce to cooked rice and mix well.
- Layer in a salad bowl (or similiar) in this order.
- Refried beans on bottom layer,next a layer of rice,chicken, enchilada sauce, green onions, cheese.
- Then microwave for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Top with sour cream.
- This recipe can be tripled and made in a 8x8 pan to make more servings.
- Hot peppers and tomatoes and lettuce can be added within the layers.