Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I have not tried this recipe yet. I just found it and since I love Sunny Delight, I saved it to try. Cook time is actually chill time....and even that is an estimate.
- 6 cups water
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups frozen orange tangerine juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
- 4 tablespoons frozen grapefruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon kool-aid unsweetened lemonade mix
- Combine all of the ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Chill well before serving.
This recipe was created by Todd Wilbur for his book "Top Secret Recipes: Sodas, Smoothies, Spirits and Shakes (Penguin/Putnam 2002)
Why would anyone want to drink this? It has WAY MORE calories than the original and is absolutely WAY TOO SWEET... YUCK YUCK YUCK!
Yuck.. I tried this, but it didn't taste like Sunny D. WAY to sweet. I should have tried more water, but I just dumped it out.