Recipe by KGCOOK
I found this recipe when I was looking for this recipe or one close to it. I tried this at Subway and really liked it. Subway always uses light Mayo. In this recipe the salt and pepper are optional. Use more or less mayo to suit your own taste and the same with the fruits. I like to add a few more fruits. There is no cook time unless you are cooking your chicken for this recipe. I use left over or canned.
Top Review by Mountain Maid
This far better than Subway's sandwich. When I had the Subway sandwich, I had a litany of changes that would make it better. Now I can put those changes into this recipe. Thanks for the addition to my Salad Daze cookbook.
- 709.77 ml red apples, chopped small
- 118.29 ml sliced celery, diced small
- 946.36 ml cooked chicken, cut into small cubes
- 59.14 ml golden raisin (to your taste)
- 59.14 ml dried cranberries (to your taste)
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise (or enough to taste)
- 2.46 ml celery salt
- salt and pepper
- lettuce, shredded
- 2 (12 inch) rolls
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- sliced red onion (optional)
- cheese slice, your choice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl toss apples, celery, raisins, cranberries and chicken.
- Season with celery salt, salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Slice a 6 inch roll in half.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons chicken salad to bottom slice of roll and spread.
- Add your toppings.