Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe when I was looking for this recipe or one close to it. I tried this at Subway and really liked it. Subway always uses light Mayo. In this recipe the salt and pepper are optional. Use more or less mayo to suit your own taste and the same with the fruits. I like to add a few more fruits. There is no cook time unless you are cooking your chicken for this recipe. I use left over or canned.
- 3 cups red apples, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery, diced small
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin (to your taste)
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries (to your taste)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (or enough to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper
- lettuce, shredded
- 2 (6 inch) rolls
- sliced tomatoes (optional)
- sliced red onion (optional)
- cheese slice, your choice (optional)
- In a medium bowl toss apples, celery, raisins, cranberries and chicken.
- Season with celery salt, salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Slice a 6 inch roll in half.
- Add 2 heaping tablespoons chicken salad to bottom slice of roll and spread.
- Add your toppings.
This far better than Subway's sandwich. When I had the Subway sandwich, I had a litany of changes that would make it better. Now I can put those changes into this recipe. Thanks for the addition to my Salad Daze cookbook.
I LOVE this recipe!!! Tastes just like the SUBWAY Orchard Chicken Salad :) Easy to make, satisfying and absolutely delicious!! Try it on a honey oat roll or whole wheat for a really tasty treat.
I should have reviewed this before. It is so like Subway's sandwich that I can spend money on other things instead of buying theirs. I chopped up the apples, celery and chicken in a very small dice and served it in butter lettuce cups instead of on bread when I had a friend over to visit. Thanks so much for posting.