1/1 Photo of Copycat Subway Golden Creamy Broccoli Soup
1 hr 15 mins
I have fallen in love with the Subway golden broccoli soup. However I found that it was high in fat. I found a recipe of a copy cat on the internet and tweaked to fit my low fat/ calorie lifestyle. 2/16/10 I tried making this soup again this time I didn't use preshredded reduced fat cheese. I grated my own using cracker barrell 2% sharp chedder. This made a huge difference the cheese integrated nicely and the soup was smooth.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute onion, celery and carrots in margarine until tender.
- 2Add flour to make roux. cook 5 minutes.
- 3Add chicken stock slowly and stir to avoid lumps.
- 4Add frozen broccoli. I usually use the steam fresh and cook it in the microwave first.
- 5Let simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Add milk slowly, make sure your soup is not boiling hot because your milk will curdle.
- 7Add shredded cheddar.
- 8Simmer 30 minutes and enjoy!
- 9Makes 4 hearty servings.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Subway Golden Creamy Broccoli Soup
Serving Size: 1 (220 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.0 mg
- Sodium 126.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
reduced-fat cheddar cheese