1/1 Photo of Copycat Steak 'n' Shake Frisco Melts
A quick and easy recipe that is pretty darn close to the Frisco Melts served in the restaurant and a favorite here at our house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine Thousand Island Dressing and ketchup thoroughly, set aside.
- 2Form ground beef into 8 thin patties.
- 3Pan fry to desired doneness, set patties aside.
- 4While patties are cooking, lightly toast all 8 slices of bread in a toaster.
- 5Drain the excess fat from the skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon butter or margarine to the skillet (medium heat) and add all the onions when butter has melted.
- 6Cook onions 2-3 minutes or until softened, remove and set aside- do not drain skillet.
- 7Place 4 slices of bread in the skillet (or as many as you can at once; repeat the following steps in smaller increments if necessary).
- 8Cook 1-2 minutes, or the bread is until lightly toasted. Flip bread and toast other side.
- 9Remove from the skillet, melt the remaining butter and repeat the toasting with the remaining slices of bread.
- 10Top bottom slices of bread with one slice of American cheese.
- 11Layer one beef patty on top of cheese, then a slice of Swiss cheese, another beef patty, another slice of American cheese.
- 12Distribute grilled onions evenly on all four sandwiches.
- 13Spread top slices of bread with the dressing mixture, and close sandwiches.
- 14Cut each sandwich in half diagonally, and serve with 2 lettuce leaves and 2 tomato slices.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Steak 'n' Shake Frisco Melts
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 874.8
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 130.7 mg
- Sodium 1195.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 49.4 g