1/2 Photos of Copycat Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Makes 24 large, or 30 medium cupcakes. I got this recipe from http://www.carrottopmom.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed 5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in sour cream, buttermilk, food color and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour mixture on low speed until just blended. Do not overbeat.
- 4Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- 5Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- 6Gently remove from oven (these are super-moist, and will collapse if you aren’t careful). Cool in pans on wire rack at least 5 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- 7I use the Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (From Sprinkles Cupcakes) recipe (Vanilla Buttercream Frosting (From Sprinkles Cupcakes)) with these cupcakes and my family loves them.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Sprinkles Red Velvet Cupcake Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (1579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 155.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g