1/1 Photo of Copycat Sizzler Rice
I concocted this recipe for my friend who loves the rice pilaf served as a side dish at Sizzler steakhouses. You can tweak the seasonings to your preference and adjust the amounts of lemon juice & chicken buillion to your taste. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a skillet with lid over medium heat, saute raw pasta in butter, stirring, until it begins to brown. REMOVE FROM HEAT.
- 2Stir in all seasoning powders and rice.
- 3Carefully add lemon juice and warm water (it may sputter - you can let the pan cool off longer to prevent this). Stir.
- 4Cover with lid and simmer on lowest heat for 20-25 minutes, or until rice is tender and all liquid absorbed.
- 5You could also try this in a rice cooker, by dumping browned pasta into cooker with all remaining ingredients and setting as usual for regular rice.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Sizzler Rice
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.6
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 10.5 mg
- Sodium 585.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g