Recipe by ytullis
This is a copycat recipe of Copeland's Shrimp and Tasso Pasta. It tastes identical to their dish. My family loves it. This is just one serving, so i wind up quadrupling the recipe. (Good for one person or for the whole family.)
Top Review by Dee M.
Very delicious!!!!! Today i was craving (pregnancy cravings) this dish, and I didn't want to take the drive to Copelands. So i googled to see if this dish could be created and i must admit that it was DEAD ON THE MONEY!!! Thanks very much!!!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup tasso, julienned (seasoned, smoked pork)
- 3 ounces shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce, store-bought
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cooked bow tie pasta (keep warm)
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add tasso and sauté to render fat.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink and curled, taking care not to burn the butter.
- Add Alfredo sauce and stir to incorporate. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Do not allow the sauce to reduce.
- Pour heated pasta in a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Top with green onion and cheese.