Recipe by FLUFFSTER
Here's a new take on an old favorite! This is delicious on pork chops, steaks, chicken, even fish!I have not made this yet, so I do not know how much it makes. I'm sure it must make enough for a couple of pounds of meat. The amount, therefore, will be a guestimate.
- 1 cup dry plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese or 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ingredients; cover and store airtight until ready to use.
- TO USE:.
- 1 pound chicken pieces, pork chops or beef cubes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional).
- milk and egg mixture for brushing meat (optional).
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat meat with milk and egg OR brush meat with olive oil before coating.
- Dredge meat in coating. If desired, place in large resealable bag and shake coating with neat.
- Arrange in single layer in shallow baking pan. Bake in preheated oven until meat is cooked through. (About an hour, depending on the meat, the cut, and the size.).