Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love baked ziti. Pasta, tomato sauce, melted cheese, what's not to love?!?
- 2 lbs ziti pasta (uncooked)
- 2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces grated romano cheese
- 3 cups hunts roasted garlic and onion spaghetti sauce (any brand will do)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook Ziti according to package directions - 12 to 14 minutes until al dente stirring often. After cooking, drain ziti well, but.
- DO NOT RINSE OFF UNDER WATER!
- Combine ricotta, romano, tomato sauce (reserve 1/4 cup) and pepper in large mixing bowl.
- Gently combine cooked ziti with cheese/sauce mixture.
- In a 13"x9"x2" pan, spread the 1/4 cup reserved sauce.
- Add ziti and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake until mozzarella is thoroughly melted.
- (about 12-15 minutes).
- Serve with garlic bread and additional.
- sauce if desired.
I just made this and it was very good and very close to that of Sbarro's. I would add that, like in the store, I prefer it served with a little extra marinara sauce on the top. It can be a little dry for my taste without.
I'm impressed, I used to make this when I worked at Sbarro. We didn't use pepper, I wanted to clear that up. And Pomodoro Sauce would be the exact same thing if you want it to taste just like the store. Good luck and have fun!