1/1 Photo of Copycat Rubio's Fish Tacos
Iron Woman's Note:
I found this recipe on the net and decided to share it with all of you. Fish tacos are very popular in the San Diego area. I serve these with Spanish rice or tortilla chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 6 tomatoes, ripe, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cilantro leaves, chopped, stems removed
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Mix flour with favorite spices such as garlic powder, red or black ground pepper.
- 2Stir the flour mixture into the beer and mix until well blended.
- 3Wash fish by dipping in cold, lightly salted water or water with a little bit of lemon juice added. Be sure fish is completely dry before dipping into batter.
- 4Prepare salsa; reserve.
- 5Put the vegetable oil into a deep skillet and bring to 375°F
- 6Place fish in a single layer--do not let pieces touch each other.
- 7Cook fish until batter is crispy and golden brown.
- 8Heat corn tortillas lightly in a skillet or Mexican comal until they are soft and hot.
- 9To assemble, on each tortilla layer the fish fillet, white sauce, salsa and cabbage. Top it off with a squeeze of lime. Fold tortilla over to serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Rubio's Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (509 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 819.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: