1/1 Photo of Copycat Rubio's Fish Tacos
Iron Woman's Note:
I found this recipe on the net and decided to share it with all of you. Fish tacos are very popular in the San Diego area. I serve these with Spanish rice or tortilla chips.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 6 tomatoes, ripe, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 cilantro leaves, chopped, stems removed
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- oil (for deep frying)
- 1Mix flour with favorite spices such as garlic powder, red or black ground pepper.
- 2Stir the flour mixture into the beer and mix until well blended.
- 3Wash fish by dipping in cold, lightly salted water or water with a little bit of lemon juice added. Be sure fish is completely dry before dipping into batter.
- 4Prepare salsa; reserve.
- 5Put the vegetable oil into a deep skillet and bring to 375°F
- 6Place fish in a single layer--do not let pieces touch each other.
- 7Cook fish until batter is crispy and golden brown.
- 8Heat corn tortillas lightly in a skillet or Mexican comal until they are soft and hot.
- 9To assemble, on each tortilla layer the fish fillet, white sauce, salsa and cabbage. Top it off with a squeeze of lime. Fold tortilla over to serve.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Rubio's Fish Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.3 mg
- Sodium 819.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 19.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: