Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just LOVE Red Lobster,s scallops cooked this way. I was so glad to find the recipe online since I bought scallops for dinner tonight. Putting here for safe keeping.
- 24 peeled jumbo shrimp
- 24 scallops
- bamboo skewers for shrimp (soaked in water for 10 - 15 minutes)
- two-prong metal skewer for scallops
- olive oil
- 24 bacon
- salt and pepper
- peach bourbon barbecue sauce (see below)
- peach bourbon barbecue sauce
- 2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup ripe fresh peaches or 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons Bourbon
- Place shrimp next to each other on a bamboo skewer, leaving room on either end. Make sure to cover the end of the skewer with foil so it doesn't burn.
- Wrap one piece of bacon around each scallop and place scallops on a two-pronged skewer so they don't turn.
- Brush both sides of the shrimp and scallops with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the shrimp and scallops on a medium hot grill. Keep an eye on them because they will cook quickly and you don't want to burn them.
- Grill shrimp and scallops for approximately 2-3 minutes per side. Take them off the grill when they are about 80 percent done.
- Add the Peach Bourbon BBQ sauce during the last moments of cooking or when the cooking is complete for added flavor.
- Peach Bourbon BBQ Sauce Instructions.
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer while stirring for 8-10 minutes, allowing the alcohol to cook down.
- Cool and blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
This was great...I did change it alittle...I used Brownwoods Farms Yankee Bourbon BBQ Sauce and I also added some bay scallops and fried it in a pan on the grill...wonderful...