Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this on another site & I HAD to save it here. Shrimp?nachos?OMG!
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 lb raw shrimp
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 slices fresh jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1.Cook shrimp until pink.
- 2.Make the cheese sauce by combining Monterey Jack, cheddar and cream cheese in a pot over a medium low heat.
- 3. Add milk to thin the sauce.
- 4.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 5. Place nacho chips in an oven safe dish.
- 6. Heat chips until crisp, approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- 7.Prepare the pico de gallo by combining the tomatoes, chopped jalapeno pepper, onion.
- 8.Assemble the nachos by spooning cheese sauce over the nachos.
- 9. Top with the pico de gallo and shrimp.
- 10. Garnish with sour cream and slices of fresh jalapeno peppers.
Sounds delicious, however, having worked at R/L for 10 years I can tell you that we never cooked those in the oven. Everything gets piled on top of the nachos and then it is 45 to 60 seconds in the microwave. Who would have thunk? :)