Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is supposed to be a copycat recipe of Qdoba's Shredded Beef.
Make and share this Copycat Qdoba Shredded Beef recipe from Food.com.
Part 1 (The Shredded Beef)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck (trimmed of fat and cut into 4 pieces)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (dried)
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves (dried)
- 2 garlic cloves (halved)
- 1 beef bouillon cube (optional)
- 2 cups water
Part 2 (The Seasoning)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup beef broth (from Part 1)
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 dashes pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Part 1:.
- Place all ingredients from part 1 into a stockpot that has a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer with the lid on for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the meat is nice and tender.
- When tender, remove the meat to a cutting board and shred the meat with either your fingers or 2 forks. DO NOT THROW AWAY COOKING WATER.
- Part 2:.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute the garlic.
- Add the shredded beef and 1 cup of strained cooking broth (can stretch with water if needed).
- Heat to a simmer and add the cumin, brown sugar, tomato sauce and heat through.
- Add pepper sauce and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as filling for burritos or tacos, with your favorite additions.