Recipe by ChefOnTheMoon
If you like Perkin's you will love these
Top Review by dbenjamin66
Yuk. If perkins served me these pancakes, I'd demand a refund. I used Jiffy mix and followed the recipe to a 'T'. They were dry and crumbly and tasted like #%#*&^. Better to buy a Betty Crocker cookbook and make them from scratch!
- 4 cups Bisquick or 4 cups Jiffy baking mix
- 3 extra large eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups club soda, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup melted Crisco shortening, room temperature
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the dry pancake mix into a large bowl.
- Add the eggs, club soda and melted shortening. Use a wire whisk to mix carefully until there are no lumps (don’t over mix).
- Allow the batter to rest while you preheat your griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Use about 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in the preheated skillet for each pancake; use 1/2 cup batter for each pancake.
- Flip pancake only once when you see open bubbles appear on the surface and the edges appear dry around the pancake.
- Makes about 10 pancakes 8 inches in diameter.