1 hr 30 mins
#1 Baker's Note:
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com I love these with cream cheese--yummy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl. make sure the water in warm, not hot, or you might kill the yeast. add cranberry juice and oil.
- 2In a another large bowl, combine flour with cranberries, walnuts and salt.
- 3Mix flour into the yeast solution with a large spoon, and then use your hands to bring the dough together. continue kneading, adding an additional 1/4 cup of flour, a little bit at a time when the dough gets tacky. knead for 10 minutes, then form the dough into a ball and store it in a covered bowl for 30 minutes.
- 4After the dough has rested divide it into 6 even portions. Form the bagels by rolling a portion of dough into ball. poke your thumbs through the middle of the dough ball, then stretch the dough out and spin it around your thumbs to create a doughnut shape. the hole should be no more then an inch across.
- 5Place the formed dough into a baking sheet rubbed with a little oil. cover dough with a dish towel and set it in a warm spot for 30 minutes.
- 6When the bagels have rested for the second time, preheat oven to 400°F.
- 7Combine 4 quarts of water and 1/4 cup sugar over high heat in a large sauce pot or dutch oven. when the water is boiling, drop the bagels into the water, 2 or 3 at a time, for 2 minutes. use a slotted spoon or spider to flip the bagels after 1 minute. when you remove each bagel, let the excess water drip off, then place each on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or release foil. bake bagels for 28 to 30 minutes or until brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Panera Bread Cranberry Walnut Bagelsby Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (759 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.3
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 409.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 6.6 g