Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tastes JUST like it! Recipe calls for block AMERICAN cheese, Velveeta might work just as well.
- 1 lb block American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- Melt cheese until smooth in a double boiler or microwave, stirring throughout.
- Puree rotel in blender or small processor.
- Stir into the cheese the rotel, cumin and garlic.
- If too thick, add a little water.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This recipe was definitely over thought. The great thing about panchos cheese dip is that you can eat it cold! Once you heat up the cheese it's worthless! Sooo with that being said, blend ingredients in recipe as stated. Once blended add the cubed cheese and blend well. Tastes exactly like panchos and you can serve it straight out of the fridge(and it's still creamy, not a solid block of cheese)!!
I live in Colorado Springs now, but I am from Marion Ar.I worked for Pancho's for 2 years.. There is not a panchos here!! I miss real cheese dip... I miss panchos!! This is definitly a good fix. Tastes just like it to me.. It is awesome!! Thank you soooooo much!!!
WATER! ... Is the key to keep it from coagulating in the fridge. Other recipes I see called for water, about a can, so once I added that with some black pepper it was perfect. I also added more spice for taste but don't know how much.