Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tastes JUST like it! Recipe calls for block AMERICAN cheese, Velveeta might work just as well.
Make and share this Copycat Pancho's Cheese Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb block American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- Melt cheese until smooth in a double boiler or microwave, stirring throughout.
- Puree rotel in blender or small processor.
- Stir into the cheese the rotel, cumin and garlic.
- If too thick, add a little water.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
This recipe was definitely over thought. The great thing about panchos cheese dip is that you can eat it cold! Once you heat up the cheese it's worthless! Sooo with that being said, blend ingredients in recipe as stated. Once blended add the cubed cheese and blend well. Tastes exactly like panchos and you can serve it straight out of the fridge(and it's still creamy, not a solid block of cheese)!!
I live in Colorado Springs now, but I am from Marion Ar.I worked for Pancho's for 2 years.. There is not a panchos here!! I miss real cheese dip... I miss panchos!! This is definitly a good fix. Tastes just like it to me.. It is awesome!! Thank you soooooo much!!!
My grandmother made this dip for many years and you have to boil the water and pour it over the ingredients in the blender then just blend and pour, to keep it from becoming solid. Trust me she made this every year for the past 30 years. We all go back to the fridge to sneak another bite becouse it doesnt get hard at all. Totally awesome dip though. I have never had panchos but I love it.