Recipe by Sue Lau
A delicious noodle dish with chicken and shrimp and the trademark curry flavor. You can get the fried shallots you need in this recipe in little jars at the Asian markets. They sell fried garlic as well.
Top Review by MI_Hiker
This was wonderful! It's been a while since I had the noodles at P.F. Chang, but they sure taste similar to what I remember. Nice and spicy! I had to make a few modifications since I was out of some items. I only used 2 chicken thighs that were already cooked from a previous meal. I diced them up and added at the cabbage step. I also didn't have shrimp but added a handful of peanuts to give it some more bulk. I used more shredded cabbage to help thin out the noodles a bit and used an extra squirt of Sriracha Hot Sauce in place of 1T of the Ketchup. I also used the white part of the scallions and sliced them thin and sauteed them with the cabbage. I omitted the cilantro as I'm not a fan and didn't end up using the limes (was too excited to eat!) I also used a handful of broccoli slaw instead of the carrot since that's what we had in the fridge. Basically this recipe can accommodate a lot of change and still retain the same basic taste due to the yummy sauce. This is seriously the best and easiest to make sauce. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks so much to Sue for sharing this recipe!!! Oh, I would make the suggestion to use 8 oz of boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of the breast meat. They have a lot more flavor for a stir fry like this. Enjoy!!!!
For the Noodles
- 16 ounces rice noodles, uncooked
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup cabbage, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, julienned
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch scallion, cut into 2 inch lengths (green parts only)
- 1⁄4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄3 cup fried shallot (commercially prepared) (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into fourths
For the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetarian oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil rice stick noodles for 2 minutes or until just soft.
- Rinse under hot water and drain.
- Toss noodles with 2 tbsp oil and keep warm.
- To prepare sauce, mix vinegar with curry powder and turmeric until blended.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, Sriracha, and ketchup, mixing well.
- Set sauce aside until needed.
- Stir-fry shrimp and chicken with remaining 2 tbsp of oil until until cooked through.
- Add garlic, cabbage, tomatoes and carrots and cook for one minute more.
- Stir in sauce mixture until everything is evenly coated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes more or until dish is heated through.
- Toss noodles with chopped scallions, cilantro and sesame oil.
- Garnish with fried shallots, if desired.